Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films market size will increase to 1170 Million US$ by 2025, from 390 Million US$ in 2018, at a CAGR of 14.6% during the forecast period.
The use of bio-based materials as food packaging materials is on a continuous rise, owing to their advantages over fossil-based plastics, such as use of renewable resources in their production and, in many cases, the biodegradability and/or compostability of the finished product, which offers an alternative to disposal in landfills. The most common bio-based plastic synthesized from bio-based monomer is polylactic acid.
PLA is an aliphatic polyester produced by the polymerization of lactic acid (2-hydroxypropionic acid). Lactic acid can be produced synthetically from hydrogen cyanide and acetaldehyde, or naturally by anaerobic fermentation by bacteria or certain fungi of carbon substrates, either pure (e.g., glucose and sucrose) or impure (e.g., starch). Bio-PLA films can hold creases or twists, a property normally lacking in plastic films. The physical properties of PLA make it an ideal candidate for replacement of fossil-based plastics in several application areas of low-density polyethylene (LDPE), high-density polyethylene (HDPE), polypropylene (PP), and polyethylene terephthalate (PET).
Positive growth indicators in the food & beverage industry and increase in demand for food packaging for prolonged preservation drive the bio-PLA films market. Moreover, rapid adoption of these films as a synthetic plastic in agricultural applications, such as cultivation of soft fruits and vegetables, has reduced harsh environmental impacts, leading to market growth. However, high product cost in comparison with synthetic and semi-synthetic films restrains the growth. In addition, relatively low vapor barrier and mechanical properties of the product may hamper industry growth in the future.
In this study, 2018 has been considered as the base year and 2019 to 2025 as the forecast period to estimate the market size for Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films.
This report researches the worldwide Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films market size (value, capacity, production and consumption) in key regions like United States, Europe, Asia Pacific (China, Japan) and other regions.
This study categorizes the global Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films breakdown data by manufacturers, region, type and application, also analyzes the market status, market share, growth rate, future trends, market drivers, opportunities and challenges, risks and entry barriers, sales channels, distributors and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
The following manufacturers are covered in this report:
- NatureWorks LLC
- Tale & Lyle
- Total Corbion PLA
- Hiusan Biosciences
- Toray Industries
- Taghleef Industries
- Avery Dennison Corporation
Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films Breakdown Data by Type
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD)
Report Sample includes:
– Table of Contents
– List of Tables & Figures
– Research Methodology
Get FREE Sample of this Report at https://www.24marketreports.com/report-sample/global-biopolylactic-acid-films-2025-482
Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films Breakdown Data by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Home & Personal Care
Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films Production Breakdown Data by Region
- United States
- Other Regions
The study objectives are:
- To analyze and research the global Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films capacity, production, value, consumption, status and forecast;
- To focus on the key Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films manufacturers and study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in next few years.
- To focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
- To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
- To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
- To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
- To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market.
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
In this study, the years considered to estimate the market size of Bio-polylactic Acid (PLA) Films :
- History Year: 2014-2018
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Year 2019 to 2025
For the data information by region, company, type and application, 2018 is considered as the base year. Whenever data information was unavailable for the base year, the prior year has been considered.
Get the Complete Report & TOC at https://www.24marketreports.com/chemicals-and-materials/global-biopolylactic-acid-films-2025-482
276 5th Avenue, New York , NY 10001,United States
International: (+1) 646 781 7170
Follow Us On linkedin :- https://www.linkedin.com/company/24-market-reports
- Latest Posts