You already know by now how important it is to optimize your site for Search Engine Optimization. No matter how difficult achieving your SEO goals may seem, it is not. With some changes here and there, you could obtain a better ranking for your site in under a month.
You can use the services of a digital agency like Techtiq solutions or take the time to do it yourself. Either way, you can still achieve the result you need. Below is a sample of the things you can do to up your SEO game.
- Check and improve your site’s speed
You cannot wish away your website’s loading speed if you want traffic. Test your site’s speed at Pingdom Website Speed Test. If your site’s loading speed is between below 1 and 3 seconds, you are okay—but no matter how fast your site is; it could still use some improvement. Tips to improve speed include using better hosting, doing some Gzip compression to reduce the size of your files, reducing HTTP request, removing the plugins you do need, and more.
- Work on your URL
Having a relevant URL that states what your page is about will give you an SEO boost. Use your primary keyword in your URL. Google favors customized URLs and people will easily find your content on search engines. A good URL looks like www.mysite.com/blog/how-to-make-lettuce whereas a wrong URL looks like www.mysite.com/blog/64789004476478
- Have a mobile-friendly site
You are losing big if your site is not looking nice on mobile gadgets as this is where most of the traffic is. Do a test to find out how your website appears on mobile and make improvements where necessary.
- Work on your content
Below are the things you can do to improve on your content:
- Update your content with the latest keywords. Search relevant content and poach the keywords. A good place to start would be the paid content that ranks first on Google.
- Change your short articles to long-form ones. Google favors them. You can add images, illustration, new information, and so on.
- Internal linking. Link your related articles and boost the articles that are not doing well in Google rankings by linking them to those that are doing better.
- Improve your titles to more relevant ones. With title generator, you can type in your keyword and get lots of title suggestions.
- Optimize your videos by writing comprehensive descriptions of 200+ words.
- Look for potential links on Alltop and BuzzSumo
In these two places, you can find the best content in your niche. Search your keyword, and all the relevant content will appear. With BuzzSumo, you can check how many times an article was shared and choose who you would want to build a link relationship with.
Remember to spy on your competitors because the main goal is to beat them and get at the top of the game. Use SEMrush to check out what keywords your competitors are ranking for and so on. With these few guidelines, you can be way ahead when it comes to SEO.
Change your short articles to long-form ones. Google favors them. You can add images (preferably create unique images yourself using tools like Canva), illustration, new information, and so on.
- Latest Posts